Six interesting facts of English language
- ‘Dreamt’ is the only word in English language that ends in the letters ‘mt’.
- Pallindromes are words that are same whether they are read from left to right or from right to left. Examples – “kayak”, “level”, “racecar”.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in ‘dous” : “tremendous”, “horrendous”, “stupendous”, and “hazardous”.
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order : ‘abstemious’ and ‘facetious.’
- Longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard is : “typewriter”.
- The sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet is : “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog’.